Followers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Consistency

I am 41 years old. Lack of consistency has kicked my butt for years. It is a battle I am ever fighting. But it is necessary. You can not live life properly and inconsistently. Not that you can't be spontaneous, but some parts of my life have to be consistent. Same God. Same wife. Same family. Same home. And this sounds like it goes without saying to some of you. But look at people who's life is a wreck. What are they inconsistent with? Family and God. Now I have been blessed with these as constants in my life. Praise be to the Lord. But other areas in my life are rocked by inconsistency but need it just as much. School/work disciplines, exercise, time alone in God's word. The list goes on. Being consistent doesn't mean simplifying your life but that can help. A lot! But also adding to your life the things that are important. For me homesteading has been very helpful. Daily chores like feeding chickens and rabbits; home maintenance, etc. A schedule. The" do-it-now" philosophy. All these things have been helpful. I recommend consistency even if you have to fight for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment