Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

"Makes You Want To Kick Butt And Read The Bible" - Everett Warmack


“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”- Psalm 33:4-5
"The evidence of good in the world" by chad brownI watched a movie last night called "The Book of Eli". I put it in a the catergory of great movies. Not because of the fight scenes or the hot chick or amazing plot, but because it made me think. It had a concept that I had never thought of in the 37 years of reading and studying the Bible. Eli (Denzel Washington) was protecting the last copy of the Bible in exsistance. Carnegie (Gary Oldman) wanted it so He could use its words, its power to control his newly formed city (post apacalypse). Both men new it's power. Eli new it was "right and true" and he knew God would be faithful and true. The concept I speak of is that anybook that is as powerful and right and true as the Bible is, is going to provoke war. We christians get blamed for alot of wars. Wars done in the "name of religion" but the truth is the wars are fought because evil men do not want to be brought to justice. And God loves righteousness and justice.

We humans think we'd like justice too. My students scream everyday ,"thats not fair" the truth is justice would not get them out of trouble. It would punish them more often. Which leads us to Gods unfailing love.

Why am I not dead? Why have I not been hung up and tortured for my wrongs? I deserve it. You do to probably if you are old enough or think about it alittle. by the time we're 15 we have broken most of the cmmandments. (You should do a check list if youthink I am wrong) So why am I stillsitting here drinking coffee and typing on this nice convient laptop on my comfy leather couch? GODS UNFAILING LOVE. yeah yeah I know I am not the only one in the world and that there have been crazies like hitler torturing others and atrocities that defy logic etc. I don't want to belittle the situation in Haiti. That is the evil in the world. and that topic could take hours to cover. But just consider how big the world is, now how big universe is. consider that God created that. Why on earth should he care about us at all? what's to keep him from setting the whole world a fire along with Haiti? nothing. We are lint in Gods pocket but He cherishes us. I think the turmoil in Haiti is over whelming to us little people. But it is small compared to the AMAZING, OVERWHELMING, UNFAILING, LOVE OF GOD. God can right any wrong. He can use the bad for good. Lives woul dnot need saving if they weren't in danger. We wouldn't need love if there weren't hate. We wouldn't have free will if there wasn't a choice. Like the choice between doing good and doing evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment