Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm going to Hell on a black leather couch.

Yesterday at 6:59am

“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”- Deuteronomy 6:5

later in the new testament Jesus calls this the greatest commandment given by God. I think we fail at this miserably. I think "nevermind the other 10 commandments. I am going to hell becasue of this one." lets see.

Loved God with ALL my heart? nope.
Loved God with ALL my soul? nope.
Loved god with all my strength? Not if it means getting up off this couch.
Analysis: I'm going to Hell on a black leather couch.

THANK GOD FOR SENDING HIS SON TO DIE FOR MY SINS!!! I AM SAVED BY FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE.

so what does this mean? It means that my heart needs to be filled with God things. His Word, His desires, His passions. Not worldly ones like iPods, fancy cars and flat screens. It means my soul should be consumed with His emotions. Hatred for sin and joy for salvation and love and righteosness. It means my strength should be used to do His will. I should put my muscles to work helping others in His name. If I have no strength I should develop strength to be used to His ends.

This commandment contains more meat than all the other 10 combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment