Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

God holstered His pistol, but why?

“You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.”- Psalm 86:5

There might not be any greater truth in all the world.

"Vices Like Toys" by chad brownThe path of men is wrought with destruction. Their paths are covered in ruin and blood. I could give you lots of personal examples but I'm not too excited about sharing my sins on the world wide web. trust me I am no good. God has had plenty of reason to pop a cap in me. I have more than once given God the proverbial slap in the face. Yet he continues to bless me.

Now you might say its coincedense. But I don't believe so. because of two reasons. 1) I have made a regular cycle of trusting and obeying God and then walking away from him to pursue my own selfish desires. Guess when I feel the most miserable. Yep when I am away from God. And when I return he is always faithfulto take me back. I guess he rejoices like the Father of the prodigal son story because it feels as though there is a party in my honor when I return. I can't believe that is just coincedense. 2)there have been a couple of real experiences with God in my life that are un shakable to me. times when I have called on him and he has responded, leaving little doubt it was Him who answered me.

Call on Him. And feel the love that abounds.

chad

No comments:

Post a Comment