Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I wanted to think back through the sermon I heard tonight from Chris King at Bayou View Baptist Church. So I copied and pasted the scripture and then typed what I remembered in blue. It is for the most part what Chris said but I do not promise I remembered him right.



A psalm of David. and thoughts of Chad Brown and Chris King. Mostly Chris King

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. David said he had never seen the righteous want
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, sheep don't lie down. it is against their skittish nature.- Cchris King
he leads me beside quiet waters, imagery of peace and tranquility comeing from a man who had seen alot of war

3 he restores my soul. Turns my soul back to Him
He guides me in paths of righteousness Actively takes part in my life directing me towards righteousness
for his name's sake. For His Glory. there is no one more deserving or more worthy of glory

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
Imagery of evil
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
GOD IS WITH ME WHAT DO I HAVE TO FEAR?
your rod and your staff, shepherd's tools. an offensive weapon and a hook for the salvation of the sheep.
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
preparing a table with me and my enemies together is ridiculous except that GOD can do it.
You anoint my head with oil; A good thing since David was out in the sun all day as a shepherd with no sunscreen.
my cup overflows. this is miraculous since back then there was no place to stop and pick up a soft drink or bottle of water. there was no tap or refridgerator full of drink. in fact I do have a refridgerator full of drink. so I must be blessed as much or more than David. MY cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me Follow = pursue, to chase after.
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
the HOUSE OF THE LORD! can you imagine actually living in the house that God lives in? First off it has got to be a more amzing place than anything you can imagine and second GOD lives there!!!
forever.
eternally. a real real long time.



God is amazing. His word is infallible. Glory be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment